Friday, December 4, 2009

Laughing and Dancing

Last week I was reminded of a good tip. It's the simple things in life that are important and yet, they slip our mind!

Like having a good laugh. Don't take yourself too seriously.


It makes me think of our trip to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. As usual, it was all work and little play. And then, one evening Terri and I dropped our child off at the minders (aka DH at the hotel pub) and scurried away to meet Laura and Rebecca for an evening of Dancing with the Stars.

Now, in all honestly, I thought I was going to a filming of professionals and wayward stars doing a battle of the dances.

In reality, it was some nifty kids teaching the audience to dance. I don't think we gals could've run out of the place faster than if all the fabric in Birmingham was free. However, we're not that rude. We stayed. At. Our. Table.

It was not long though, giggling like school girls, our true personas emerged and the real judging began.





Fortunately for us, the student dancers were having such a fun time, I don't think they noticed the new crew of judges.

1 comment:

Owen Carpenter said...

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us